Monday, November 11, 2013











Title: The Descending Darkness

Author: Michael Chulsky

Series: Stand Alone

Genre: Sci-Fantasy (Science Fiction/Fantasy)

Publisher: Rocking Horse Publishing

Release Date: Sept 28 2013

Blurb/Synopsis:

Seventeen-year-old bounty hunter SHADOW is about to lose his mind. One week he's killing demons and other creatures. The next, he has ten super-powered teenagers in his care. Shadow needs their help, because without them he can’t hope to complete his mission. But he’s never dealt with other teenagers before. He’s always been a loner. Heck, he’s tried the whole having-a-pet thing. It died.

Shadow’s mission: save the world and ensure his entire team survives the potential apocalypse. If MAEDARA, self-proclaimed fashionista, Queen of Evil, and diva extraordinaire wasn’t trying to rule the world, it’d be cake. Now, not only does Shadow have to deal with teens more concerned with going to the mall than fighting evil, but also a villain who, in his opinion, makes Lady Gaga look like Mother Theresa.


Book Links



Amazon



Barnes and Noble (B&N)



Books A Million (BAM)



Book Depository



Goodreads

 


Author Information
Michael Chulsky grew up in New Jersey and has been writing ever since his fourth grade teacher let him create a class newspaper to channel his creativity. He is the author of The Descending Darkness and currently lives with his fiancé. When not writing he enjoys browsing Tumblr, listening to music, and devouring every piece of cheesecake that falls into his line of sight.

 

 

Author Links


Blog



Facebook



Goodreads



Website

My Interview With Michael Chulsky:
Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to chat with me!

1. How did you come up with the idea for The Descending Darkness?
I have a huge imagination. I’m thankful for it because I never get bored. I always have tons of ideas bouncing around in my head and The Descending Darkness was one of them. I had to write it.

2. What do you enjoy the most about writing Science Fiction/ Fantasy?
I enjoy the randomness of it. If you’re making say, a contemporary story, you’re bound by the limitations of our reality. Science Fiction/Fantasy allows you to do whatever you want. Your only limitation is your imagination.

3. Are any of the characters based on someone you know?
A few of them. I have drawn inspiration from a few of my friends. They know who they are ;)

4. What books have influenced your life the most?
The Harry Potter series. The world is just so expansive and incredible and I knew that I had to create my own.

5. If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Hmm…well I already have a mentor, or mentors. I think Cody Kennedy, author of Omorphi, is my main mentor. He’s been a major help in teaching me certain things that are necessary to know. And a HUGE cheerleader. #teamglitter.

I also consider Damon Suede, K.A. Mitchell, JP Barnaby, Rhys Ford, and Shira Anthony as mentors. And there are others who I may be forgetting because of sleep deprivation.

Anyway, they’re all wonderful people who take the time to teach me the ways of the industry and provide excellent advice and words of confidence/wisdom.

6. What is the last book you read?
The last novel I read was Enlightened by JP Barnaby. It’s an amazing love story. Go check it out!

7. What is your favorite place to sit and write?
My computer desk. Free from distraction.

8. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t writing or reading?
I love watching anime and paranormal shows. And sleeping.

9. Are you currently working on something you want to tell us about?!
Aside from the sequel of my first novel, I’m working on a YA LGBT novel. I’m also working with some very amazing authors on an anthology. All of this stuff will be appearing in the next year. =)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment