Wednesday, November 20, 2013

 
 
 
My Interview with Author A. McConnell about her book Vivid Dreams
 
 
First I want to say thank you so much for answering a few questions for me today! I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule!


Thank you so much for having me! :D



1. How did you come up with the idea for Vivid Dreams?

Well, it honestly just started flowing out of me. It is a short and the first in a mini-series. I just sat down and it was like it started writing itself.


2. Are any of the characters based on someone you know?

For Vivid Dreams, the characters are completely their own. I didn’t base them on anyone specifically, at least not consciously. : )


3. Does the next Nightmare Story have a title yet? If so, do you mind telling me what it is?!!

It’s actually stuck between two titles and I am just not sure which yet it will be. The 2nd book is actually written, I just need to revise it, edit it, and then give it to my beta girls.


4. How many books do you have planned for this series?

At this time, I think it will on be about 5 books, but maybe it will be more. I don’t plan my books out really, I just let it flow and write. : ) Book 2 in the series should be out early next year, keep a look out for it!


5. What inspired you to write your first book?

Well, my first book was when I was about 11-13 years old. I don’t exactly remember my age. I was on an airplane headed to Germany (family trip) to visit some friends of the family. My dad gave me his laptop to do what I could without internet (games and such), but I ended up writing. It was a children’s story and it did eventually get lost on the laptop, which was eventually cleared and upgraded to a new one. It was about three lost puppies.


6. What do you enjoy most about writing?

What my mind and characters can come up with. It can be annoyingly tedious, but so much fun when you don’t have to force anything.


7. What do you find most challenging about writing?

When you just hit a block and can’t figure out how exactly to make the next scene happen. Oh, plus revisions and editing it. It can get me so frustrated and grumpy, lol.


8. Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

It’s definitely a hobby for me at this time. I have two children, school, and work. I rarely get to write, but I love it when I do.


9. What books have influenced your life the most?

Oh, that is a tough question. I think it would really only be one book. It was the first book I read that was not a children’s book and it got me into reading more. The Outsiders.

 

10. If you had to choose which writer would you consider a mentor?

Well, I don’t know them personally, but there are a few authors I do love and ‘look up to’ in a way. Jennifer Armentrout, Dannika Dark, and, though it’s more that I admire her than look up to her, S.m. Knowles. There are of course many other authors and many of them are Indie authors or with small publishing houses.


11. What is the last book you read?

Awakening by S.m. Knowles. : ) I have also been reading Decay by Peggy Martinez.


12. What is your favorite place to sit and write?

Out of my house. LoL. Writing in my home is just so hectic and it’s so hard to concentrate for writing. I have written in school, outside, at Dunkin’ Donuts, etc. I suppose that if could (like I use to) lock myself in the office and write, I would write there the most. My husband took over the office though, so that’s no longer really available.


13. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t writing or reading?

I love being with my girls, going to Disney (during non-busy times), camping, fishing, shooting range, and sleeping. I very much enjoy sleep, though it is hard to come by.


14. What is your favorite vacation spot?

Well, I haven’t been to a ton of places, but so far, Key West, Florida is my favorite. It’s so peaceful, yet easy to find excitement and nightlife, too. When you are out on the ocean in a boat or swimming, it’s so wonderfully beautiful and calm. On the island, it’s busy and life is always going.


15. What is your favorite food?

That is a good question! Hmmm, I’d have to say….a Longhorn filet steak, well-done. Sounds so good, I think I’m drooling now.



Now, my question to you, have you read Vivid Dreams yet? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment